What are the arrangements for handling complaints from parents of children with SEND about the provision made at school?

In the first instance you can talk to your child’s class teacher, the SENCO or Head Teacher. If you feel your grievance has not been addressed you can request the contact details of the Chair of Governors and put your complaint in writing in the form of a letter and the school policy stipulating the complaint procedure will be followed. You can also request independent disagreement resolution and the school will make this information available to you. You can also find more information on Shropshire Local Authority’s website: http://www.shropshire.gov.uk/special-education-needs-and-disability-(send)/education,-health-and-care-plans-(ehcps)/disagreement-resolution-and-mediation/

Return to Information Report Main Page